How I use tanning beds to get my teeth whitened...
Your smile is one of the first things people see and it says a lot about yourself. To help maximize the full potential of my smile I use teeth whitening products while tanning. As I am in the bed I use a product called Twilight Teeth, it comes with a mouth piece and whitening gel, as well as a little LED light you can use at home. As I'm laying in the bed I position the mouthpiece in place and brush the gel on, it is then activated by the UV light in the bed to whiten my teeth. I realized if I'm already tanning I might as well be using my time wisely and whiten my teeth at the same time.
I also use my Bleach Bright Starbright pen for when I am on the go, it helps to whiten my teeth and provide stronger enamel. If I need a quick whitening fix I grab my pen from my purse, twist off the top and apply the whitening gel first and allow it to dry for 30 seconds and then I twist off the bottom and apply the enamel booster gel, and allow it to dry for 30 seconds as well.You are laying in the bed anyway, it just makes sense to whiten my teeth with the same light used at dentist office. The results are professional grade teeth whitening up to 12 shades lighter.
Why I will not tan without tanning lotion. Not a lot of people understand the importance of using lotion while tanning. I personally won't go into a UV tanning session without my lotion because not only does it give me great color, it helps my skin overall. I like to take the utmost care of my skin and with the tanning lotions we have here at Otown they are made with nutrients that are vital for the skin. Lotion contains hydrating particles that keep your skin tight, wrinkle free, and prevent it from becoming dry. Not to mention, I come out looking like a bronzed goddess.
When it comes to picking out the perfect lotion for you, there are several aspects you should consider. One is if you want a bronzer (DHA) in your lotion. DHA enhances your tan and gives you that instant bronze look. Bronzers also have ingredients to help speed up the melanin production, resulting in a fast tan. If you're looking for just the melanin production without the instant bronze effect, I would recommend an Intensifier. There is also tingle lotion that brings the blood closer to the surface of the skin, this speeds up the tanning process.
Lotion will not only help you see results 60% faster, but it will help the overall health of your skin. Here at Otown Tan, we care about your skin so let us help you pick the perfect lotion! We want you to love the smell, the feel, and the results.
I personally use a mix of Intensifiers and Tingle lotions. I do not use bronzers because I have freckles and I do not like any bronzers on them because it makes them look darker. All the other staff at Otown like bronzing tanning lotions the most. I use tingle on my legs because they do not tan as easily and this helps get my legs as dark as the rest of my body.
Do you tan your face, this beauty question answered. Your face is some of the most delicate skin on your body. It should be treated with care. When you look at Italian sculptures the men's face is the face and neck only, where women's face extends down to their chest.
Your skin on your legs, arms and stomach is thicker. Using tanning beds with lotion is a smart way to tan. You can limit the amount of exposure, not burn and slowly build a base tan. Just as you would not use your body lotion on your face at night, special tanning face lotions should be used if you choose to tan your face.
My personal favorite is CT Tan Face Perfecter lotion. It has SPF 25 along with bronzers in it. Many of our clients use it in the tanning beds and also at home everyday under their makeup. The self tanners keep your face tan while the SPF blocks out UBV/UVA rays. This lotion is hypoallergenic so it will not clog your pores. It is specifically designed for the face. We also have tanning lotions for the face that do not have SPF in them.
I personally do not tan my face and chest. I cover this area inside the tanning beds, then use our Pura spray tan in a can, and California Tan rub on sunless self tanning products so my face and chest blend with the rest of my body, and my face looks better with color. I also have spray tanning tips that help me look like I have more defined abs and arms.
Tanning your face is a personal decision. We have many people where the UV light in the tanning salon helps zits and breakouts go away. UVB light also helps remove psoriasis on the face and body for many of our clients.
We can not stress enough the importance of using a specially designed tanning lotion for your face. Please ask us next time you come in and we help you pick out one that works best for your needs. Remember, members get twenty percent off all tanning products and teeth whiteners.
The quickest way to get an instant tan. A session in the UV tanning bed session with a Sunless spray tan is called a Cocktail Tan. The benefit of cocktail tanning is that the UV rays trigger melanin production, while opening up your pores and allowing the sunless spray solution to penetrate your skin. A cocktail will leave you with an even darker, deeper and longer-lasting tan and it will have the quickest and most dramatic tanning result. At Otown Tan all the staff cocktail tans regularly. We have two methods and are evenly divided on which way is best. Some of us go into a tanning bed first, then spray. The other half of us spray first, then go into the high pressure tanning booth and the strong fans drys your spray tan into your skin.
We have cocktail packages: A one-time Cocktail tan in our Platinum level is $50, Gold level is $45, and Silver level is $36. If you're looking to cocktail more regularly our best option would be our Diamond level. It includes all UV equipment and the Pura Sunless spray tan. Our Diamond unlimited membership is $99.95/mo and our Diamond Weekend membership is $59.95/mo. The Diamond membership is the best way to get what you want, whenever you want!. Have the freedom to cocktail whenever you'd like with our Diamond Packages.
One way that I like to amplify my cocktail is by using California Tan's Cocktail Tanning Lotion. The lotion prepares skin for dark UV color development while allowing for maximum sunless solution absorption. My skin is moisturized and my spray looks flawless. This is the only lotion you can use in the bed if you are going to spray tan afterwards, because it will not fill the pores and still allow your skin to accept the spray tan.
Why I like the spray tan booth better than a hand spray tan.The Pura Sunless is the newest machine on the market with the highest technology to give you the airbrush look without the hassle.
Being sprayed in a booth versus being hand sprayed is a completely different experience. In the Pura Sunless booth, you are in there by yourself. A lot of our clientele first come in nervous that they would have to stand in front of a stranger and get sprayed by hand. That is not the case at Otown. We go in and show you everything you need to know before spraying and then we leave you with full knowledge of the machine and positions so you can have the best Pura Sunless Experience.
Another reason I like booth over airbrush is that I am in and out in 10 minutes or less. The machine is only 4 minutes once you press the start button. You do not have to make an appointment so the only time you are working around is your own! When you get sprayed by hand it takes over 20 minutes to spray and you have to make an appointment.
I get the same the same or better results in the spray tan booth without all the hassle of a hand spray tan. It also cost a lot less!
We take skin health very seriously as Otown Tan. Bottom line if you can not tan in the sun, you will not be able to tan in our tanning beds either. This is called a Type 1 Skin type. These people usually have red or very blonde hair and fair skin. For this skin type we do have the most amazing spray tan on the market, called the Pura Sunless.
If you can tan, but burn easily we have our Platinum Level beds the feature high pressure tanning beds. These beds were specially developed in Europe for fair skinned people. They limit the amount of UVB, the ray that produces the red melanin. These beds only create a small amount of melanin but has mostly UVA that turns that melanin a dark brown color instead of red. Use this bed for 5 sessions and you will have a nice brown tan, while skipping the burning. Burning is very bad for your skin. Our staff will help make a tan plan that works for you.
Mix up your beds to get the best tan
For those of you who tan just in one style of bed, please stop by Otown and let us show you around. We have multiple bed choices on each level, but can can always use the same one if you would like. You will find our staff will encourage you to rotate through the different machines, just like working out with different pieces of equipment at the gym gives you better results. Mixing the UVB and UVA beds, lay downs and stand ups will give you the deepest darkest tan.
Membership tanning is the most cost effective way to tan, and you can use different beds. For example, if you tan in the Gold Level beds 3 times per month it will cost $60-$66, where you can tan unlimited for the entire month for $44.95 per month. We also have weekend memberships, which include Friday, Saturday and Sunday tanning starting at $12.95 per month. You can still tan during the week with our weekend memberships for half price.
All tanning members enjoy half pricing on all single sessions including spray tans. That means you can spray tan anytime for only $15. Members also receive 20% off all tanning lotions, teeth whitener, tan extenders, sunscreen and self tanning products. We also run specials just for our members.
But for you creatures of habit we also offer packages, if you are not interested in a membership. We offer buy 5 get 3 free, these never expire. We also sell single months and single week options. Come on in and find your perfect bed today!
Congratulations on your engagement! Tanning for your wedding is one of the most important steps in being camera ready. Brides with a tan give a glow of happiness, health and the best part... not blending in with your dress.
The planning of your tan well in advance of the wedding date is critical to make sure you get the best look possible. We recommend you begin the tanning process 1-3 months before your wedding day. This gives your skin time to build up melanin and while maintaining moisture. Just like working out, the best results are not overnight.
We also suggest you use our spray tan machine a few times before the big day, you can test how different levels of darkness photograph and make sure you are getting the best look.
We suggest you use our Platinum Level Tanning Equipment that will give you the quickest color with the most reduce risk of burning.
If you are tanning 2-3 months in advance get a membership because it is the best value. If it is less than 2 months we offer single month packages. We can also work out a custom package for you, if you want to buy spray tans for the bridesmaids or family members who come down for the wedding. Please contact our store at 407-601-5983 and speak with Brooke or McKenzie who can help you plan a package that includes spray tans for your wedding party.
Grooms tan and spray tan all the time before the wedding as well. Sometimes your man might need some encouragement to try it out, but he will love it, and you both will love the wedding pictures! You are also able to share sessions or Otown Dollars on one account.
We do have make-up artist and hairstylist company that specializes in weddings M3 Makeup and Beauty. They can be reached at 321-250-4700.
What do I do before the spray tan?
We suggest you shower and exfoliate before your spray. This does not mean you have to shower within the hour of your spray, but you want to be clean so the solution goes on to your skin. The more you exfoliate the longer your spray tan will last. So get those loofa gloves out and scrub as much as possible. Don't apply heavy lotion before your spray, it will stop the spray tan solution from getting onto your skin. Moisturize heavily a few days before your spray though to make sure your skin is ready for the spray. We sell an exfoliation scrub specifically designed to help remove old spray tan that we suggest you use only before a new spray tan, not daily.
How long does a spray tan last?
A spray tan just dies the dermal layer of your skin, as your skin naturally slothes off, so does the spray tan along with it. Your skin naturally reproduces itself every 5-10 days so that is how long the spray will last. It gradually fades away. Several things can effect how quickly your skin naturally exfoliates (length of spray tan). If you swim, sweat or work out a lot your skin will exfoliate at a more rapid rate and your spray tan will not last as long. To keep your spray the longest we suggest you use the Pura Tan Extender Moisturizer. It helps keep your from exfoliating and has a small amount of spray tan solution to help give a daily glow to your skin.
Do I need to make an appointment?
No, you do not need an appointment for a spray tan at Otown Tan. Come in any time during our business hours.
How long does it take?
A spray tan at Otown Tan takes only 4 minutes. It takes longer to get dressed and undressed. The entire process takes only about 10 minutes.
What should I wear?
You should wear loose fitting clothing. You don't want to have to put on skinny jeans after a spray tan. The color of clothing should not matter as we offer a clear and bronze solution. If you are wearing light colored clothing we suggest you use the clear solution.
Do you spray tan naked, or wear a bathing suit?
When you spray tan in the booth you are in the privacy of your own room. Our suggestion is to spray tan naked so you don't have tan lines. If you want to you can spray with a bathing suit on, the solution will wash out of the suit.
What level should I get?
We offer level 1, 2, 3 and double sprays. Level one is light, level 2 is medium and level 3 is dark. The Otown Tan staff spray with level 3 with hydration, or a double spray of level 2. We suggest if it is your first spray you choose a level 2. Level 2 gives a very nice color and if you want it darker next time you can go up a level.
How long until I can shower?
You should wait 8 hours before you shower to get the best results from your spray tan. We do not suggest you leave the spray on for too much longer, it does not give any better results. After your spray do not get wet. That means no exercising, sweating or walking in the rain.
What is the difference between clear and bronze solutions?
Clear and bronze solution develop exactly the same. The only difference between the two solution is the bronze solution has make-up in it to give you instant color. This is perfect if you are going out that evening. It also can be helpful for the first time you spray to make sure you wipe it the solution off your hands and fingernails.
What is the prep spray, does it cost more?
The prep spray is included in every spray tan at no additional cost. The prep spray neutralizes any soaps, shampoos, deodorants and hormone levels to ensure nice even color. In other spray tan machines you may have seen where some people come out orange and others brown. The reason for this is not the solution but how it is reacting with the hormone levels in your skin. The amount of protein you eat can affect the color. The prep spray neutralizes the skin to make sure you receive a nice color from your spray tan at Otown tan.
OTown Staff with Pura Spray Tans
See the example in the picture above of the OTown Tan staff with Pura spray tans. See how all of our color is even and a nice brown tone. The girl on the left and the girl with the headband did a level 3, with hydration, the girl with the gold glasses and the brunette both got a double level 2 spray the day before this picture was taken.
What is the tan extending hydration spray?
At Otown Tan we offer a hydration spray that can be used with your spray tan. The spray tan solution can dry the skin. By spraying a combination of Vitamin E, chamomile, lemon extract and green tea your skin is left feeling soft. The solution also helps reduce any spray tan smell and extend the life of your spray tan.
How often should I spray?
Our spray tan members spray every 5-10 days as the spray tan fades. You can spray just for events or get a membership if you want to be tan all the time.
Our biggest joke at Otown Tan is that we deal spray tan crack. Once you get one session in our Pura Sunless you will never spray anywhere else again. It is the best spray tan you can get in Orlando.
Here are my tips on how to get the best spray.
1. Plan ahead - My favorite day of my spray tan is day 2. So, if I have an event on Saturday evening, I will spray Thur. night. I will spray in the evening, sleep in the spray, then shower the next morning. Friday the look is good, but the darkest. By Saturday the spray tan just fades slightly to be the most perfect color. It does not have to be 2 days ahead but that is the most ideal.
2. Prep - Moisturized skin looks better with a spray tan than dry skin, however you do NOT want to apply heavy lotion before your spray because it will block the solution from getting into your skin. I exfoliate with each shower a few days before, and apply heavy hemp Forever After lotion. This lotion has shea butter, hemp and makes the skin soft and perfectly prepped to take the tan. The day of the spray itself I will only lightly moisturize if I am showering a few hours before my spray. If I go spray tan right after my shower, I do not apply lotion.
3. Standing in the Unit - Keep the middle of your feet in the middle of the line between A and B (if you have never been in the Pura this will make sense when you see it). In the forward position roll your shoulders back and keep your hands directly behind the center line of your body. When the bar goes past your face lift you head slightly so the solution coats your neck. When it goes over your boobs, arch your back so it gets under your boobs (mine are bigger so this is necessary). In the backward position, roll your shoulders forward, keeping your arms behind the center line of your body with your hands in front of your stomach. When the machine goes past your butt bend down slightly so the solution gets all over your butt and below your butt cheeks, especially with these smaller bathingsuit bottoms so popular now.
3. Wiping and Blotting - This occurs after the spray tan. It is important to WIPE (we have baby wipes in the rooms) the palms of your hands, your fingernails, between your fingers and your inner wrist (no one has tan inner wrists). You also need to WIPE your toenails and between your toes. You do NOT need to worry about dark marks on your ankles like you do in other machines. The Pura stops above your ankles and the mist gets on your feet so they will not look overly dark, like they can in other spray tan machines. Now the BLOT. When I say blot, use the baby wipe and dab it (not wipe, just blot) on the tops of your hands, your knees and elbows. This does not remove the solution, it just lightens it in places your skin tends to me more dry, helping the color develop lighter and look more natural. Some people do not like their face as tan, in this case, we suggest you blot your face as well. When you get home after your spray tan, wipe your hands one more time. You may have subconsciously touched arms or face and have spray solution on your hands, this second wipe removes any chances of spray tan on your hands.
4. Maintenance - Upgrade and get the hydration spray with tan extender. This puts moisturizer on right after the spray solution locking in your tan and giving your skin instant chamomile, lemon extract, Vitamin E and green tea. It not only extends your tan, it also reduces odor, tones and tightens skin and feels great. When you get home it is important to moisturize daily when you have a spray tan. We sell a Pura Tan extending moisturizer that is made to specially moisturize spray tanned skin. It also has a small amount of Pura sunless tanning solution in it, to give a slightly daily boost and keep the spray tan longer.
5. Know when to rub - In Florida it can get quite hot. After your spray you can NOT get wet, sweat or shower for 8 hours after your tan. Sometimes I will get caught in a rainstorm, or be a hot sweaty mess for circumstances outside my control. If I get caught in a rainstorm, I will blot all over the areas that got wet so the tan is blended and no drop marks from the rain develop. If I get sweaty and start to see the tan developing unevenly (tends to happen on best under bra area...damn Florida and your 100 degree days) then I use the loofah and rub the area until it is all even. If you have an area on your hands your forgot to wipe we sell a Tan GO tan remover cloth. Lemon-water and bleach-water are other tricks to help remove spray tan on your hands. This should not happen, but if it does, use these easy tricks to fix your spray tan.
6. Don't be afraid to call OTown Tan - All our employees are avid spray tanners and can help you with any questions you may have, just give us a call at 407-601-5983.